Liposomal Vitamin C
Early European sailors and explorers suffered, and sometimes perished, from a wasting condition known as scurvy, a disease we now know is caused by vitamin C deficiency. As it turns out, it was the lack of fresh fruit and vegetables on long ocean voyages that often lead to this strange condition Humans, unlike most other animals, cannot make vitamin C in our bodies, and must consume it in foods or supplements.
Now known as the “grandfather” of the traditional antioxidants, vitamin C has a wide range of astonishing health benefits and plays a pivotal role in enhancing detoxification. Here are a few excellent reasons to supplement your diet with vitamin C:
Each 5 mL of Liposomal Vitamin C delivers 1000 mg of Vitamin C as sodium ascorbate. A serving is 1 teaspoon. Each bottle contains 24 servings.
- • Battle oxidation. Vitamin C acts as a major electron donor for eight different enzymes and maintains optimal electron flow in your cells. This decreases Ascorbate (vitamin C) acts as a reducing agent, donating electrons and preventing oxidation to keep iron and copper atoms in their reduced states. (1)
- • Protect proteins, lipids, and other vital molecular elements in your body. This maintains active defenses against tissue degradation and supports proper bodily functions. (1, 2)
- • Regulate mineral balance. Vitamin C is essential for collagen synthesis, which is an important structural component of your bones, blood vessels, tendons, ligaments, and neurotransmitters. (2, 10)
- • Support brain health. Vitamin C helps facilitate central nervous system signal transduction and supplies electrons for the formation of neurotransmitters. (4)
- • Strengthen general health. Vitamin C has also been found to play a role in maintaining wellness. (5,11)
- • Support detoxification. Vitamin C is helpful for mercury elimination, as it tends to mobilize mercury from intracellular stores.